Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Done

i'm shutting down the gum and candy. i just emptied my purse and put all my goodies out for my colleagues. they're in bubble gum heaven.

i've had enough. it's kind of like when i put down the drink -- i was done.

after work, i'm off to the dentist to have two cavities filled. that's FOUR total this year. i've had tons of cavities and several root canals. ouch. i'm sure it's all the gum and candy (none sugarless).

plus, it's obsessive and just a replacement for food, alcohol, drugs....whatever. i've used whatever i can to calm myself.

we'll see what happens. it's going to be pretty uncomfortable, i'm sure. uh, very sure. (hope i don't take up smoking!)

but i want to make this change. i want to be healthier. i want to be free of all my obsessive chewing and sucking; all my comforting through snacks.

writing this here on the blog is meant to help keep me "honest". i'll be checking back with status updates.

i'm not touching coffee and diet soda. yet.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good - good luck! I think recording it here is a great way to keep yourself accountable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's very brave of you! Good luck! You are very inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, you do what you feel you have to do. More power to you!

    I do not think I will ever completely let go of my gum habit, but it is a lot better than it used to be. I was also one to never substitute gum for food, I just chewed it and always had it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Me; yes, i do think it will help to be accountable. thank you for the support!

    Zuzka; i guess it is kind of brave -- i've had such an issue with honesty over the years -- around drugs & alcohol, etc. i haven't been terribly dishonest around food because i REFUSED to tell anyone anything about what i was eating or doing. before now.

    Tiptoe: yeah, that gum. i don't think there's any reason to give it up, if you're able to moderate. for me, i have never been able to cut back -- i just chew and chew and chew. and chew.

    ReplyDelete