Tuesday, December 28, 2010

PANCAKES

Pancakes were a big binge food of mine. i haven't eaten them in at least five years, if not more. they were always just so scarey for me.

in the last couple of weeks, i've been making them for dinner on a regular basis. i love them. i eat a normal amount, i savor them and then i'm completed satisfied.

i never really thought i'd eat pancakes again, but here i am. woo hoo. happy days are here again!

food really feels different these day. yesterday, i was snowbound and struggling with mean cramps. i slept, took a bath and watched movies. and i ate cookies and leftovers and the beloved pancakes. it was all kind of hodge podge and not exactly balanced, but i was perfectly happy.

things really are different. i'm satisfied with meals and then forget about food until the next right time to eat. isn't that wild?

i'm clean and sober and getting comfortable with food. now, i really am free to plan my life. it's a little scarey; yet, how great is this?!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for pancakes! I love breakfast for dinner. If I actually ate dinner I would eat pancakes for dinner too! What kind do you eat? Do you make them from scratch? Do you use syrup? Real maple syrup, or "Pancake syrup" (ie; Aunt Jemima). I want to live vicariously through your meals.

    I am so happy for you, that you are doing so well. This time of year is very difficult for many people, so if you are doing this well now you are surely going to continue your success in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. harriet; i like plain pancakes, but i've added bananas too. i think i'm using real maple syrup, but i'm pouring whatever's in the cabinet, so i'm not sure.

    i'm going to send you an email with more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Answer: VERY great! So awesome that you're making strides and feeling good. I am a huge fan of breakfast for dinner also, and pancakes are one thing I get major cravings for when I'm out roughing it for fieldwork.

    You deserve to relax and do what you enjoy and what is best for your body, keep up the FANTASTIC work, you're so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great to hear! The freedom sounds like such a RELIEF! I had some really "nummy" pancakes served with bananas at a restaurant a few years ago. Grilled bananas were so good! and I'm not a huge banana fan Try it if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have a lot to look forward to in 2011--here's to a healthy and happy New Year! (Chocolate chip pancakes are my weakness...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you!!! I will call you this weekend so we can talk more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great!!! You have come so far. I love reading the progress you are making:) Wishing you a beautiful new year. Sending {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete