Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Self-care

Life's been rather over-scheduled for the last week -- between work, AA commitments, volunteer work, family stuff etc., i've barely had time to wash my hair, let alone run an errand or do laundry or get to the bank.

i particularly dislike the days when i leave my house at 6:30 am for work and don't get home until 11 pm or so. That's how life's looked the last week. My hair's getting kind of dirty.

The guy I date has the same commitments as I do, so we've seen each other all the time for the last week.

i've lived alone for so many years and mostly, i grew up with just my mom and me in the house. With that history, I've gotten used to lots and lots of time to myself. It kind of feels mandatory

i (blissfully) thought i'd have tonight to myself but had forgotten about an AA commitment, which i like -- working with family members of alcoholics. i co-lead this meeting with a friend who doesn't drive, so i'm picking him up right after work and driving right to the meeting, which is an hour from my house..

After driving my friend home at the end of the night, i should get home around...........11.

Throw in PMS, and i am getting pretty cranky. i feel desperate for time to myself.

How do mother's do it -- women who report not having a moment to themselves even to pee? i guess i'd make a very, very cranky mother.

the great news -- i don't have any plans for the next two nights. What a luxury to vacuum and take out my trash and sort through mail.

Clean hair here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I generally hate those days when you leave the house and realize you won't see it again until bedtime. Fortunately, I haven't had one in a long time since I've had jobs that enabled me to work at home. UGH! As I conduct a job search now, I'm reminded of those days. I need to will myself another telecommuting gig.

    Enjoy your two nights to yourself!

    ReplyDelete